Saturday, January 24, 2009

Winter Fun

Late afternoon is when the snow started and it hasn't stopped since then. It's around 27degrees outside and we've already gotten over 6in. of snow and counting. Roads are slick, the wind is cold, and we just had a blast out in the canyon playing in the snow. We had mini snow fights (or I should say Jay did I ws just trying to dodge his snowballs... unsuccesfully I might add lol), in fact while trying to run away I sunk into some waist-deep snow, fell forward (right when Jay was throwing a snowball), it was suppose to hit my back but because I was already falling forward it beaned me inthe back of the head (I had a huge lump of snow tangled up in my hair after that one). We slid down a hill (on our butts since we had no sleds --- hmmm I think we need to invest in some soon), then ate some snow ice cream before heading back home. On the way out of the canyon we saw a Golden Eagle perched on a telephone pole --- It was enormous, it's wing-span was massive (I tried to take a picture when it took off but my camera wasn't quick enough --- darn these Cheap-o cameras!). Had fun but looking forward for the snow to stop so I can take better pictures without my camera getting all wet.
Jay in full snow gear

You can't really tell but my hair was COVERED in snow!
"The Main Attraction -- A Golden Eagle"
Golden Eagle

1 comment:

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun! Eagles are so amazing to see! :) Miss playing in the snow!