Wednesday, January 14, 2009

He's DEAD!!! Oh wait my bad

Ok that probably wasn't the best title but it goes great with the story I'm about to tell that happened to us almost 2weeks ago.

Dedicated: To my Sister Ashley (Hope you get a kick out of this sis) & to my
mom who thought this story was disgusting upon hearing it

This story took place our last night at Mom and Dad Mangum's place. It was approx. 4 in the morning when after tossing and turing all night I finally decided to call it quits and get out of bed, you know to see if maybe eating something would calm me down. Well I sat up in bed and stretched a little bit which caused our air mattress to move --- waking my hubby up from his deep slumber. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and turned to ask Jay if he wanted to get up for a bit too. When I did so I noticed something unusual sticking out from underneath his head and leaned down to get a closer look (Y'all should know by now how blind I am w/o my glasses or contacts on). What I saw took my breath away... Ole' Tom's back legs were sticking straight out from underneath Jay's neck. My gasp of surprise caused Jay to sit straight up and there was Tom... Back and front legs sticking straight out. We couldn't believe it, Jay rolled him over and Holy Cow his position didn't change a bit. We couldn't believe that Tom traveled from Oklahoma to Tennessee, lived with us for 7months, traveled all the way BACK to Oklahoma and only 2.5days at Jay's parents place died... In the most unusal manner no less. I couldn't believe Jay had squashed Tom in his sleep... we were speechless. Jay rolled him over once more and nudged him a bit and we about jumped off our bed when Ole' Tom let out a tired MEOW! He sat up, meowed again, looked at us once more with a huffy "I can't beleive you just woke me up from this relaxing nap" stare, and walked out the door. We were quiet for a short time then we both burst out laughing... even now when we think about it we can't help but chuckle a bit. Till this day we still have NO IDEA how Tom got under Jay's neck... Sadly no picture (we were both a bit to freaked out at first to do it, by the time we knew the truth it was to late).

2 comments:

The Haddock's said...

Oh Britt, this is hillarious, I love it

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

HaHa Oh Poor Ole' Tom Cat! That would have shocked me too!...funny funny