Monday, April 5, 2010

Alaskan Life

I'm so horrible about staying on top of my blog (it seems so much easier plus I seem to get more comments when I update facebook instead) but ... I will try harder especially now that I'm getting closer to one of the biggest changes in my life. I am now almost 35 1/2 weeks along and my ribs and mid back (mainly on my right side) are always aching, the braxton hicks contractions are a lot more cosntant (and of course thanks to my back/rib pain more uncomfortable), and my belly feels like it's going to burst any time lol (I will post pics soon). Aside from my lack of sleep at time (thank you Michael for trying to keep your little tootsies warm under my ribs cage) life here in Alaska hasn't been to bad. I get to see moose and bald eagles on a ragular basis and now that my sister in law is here with her kids I'm outside more often taking walks by the beach and spending time with my niece and nephew. It's been aboiut 2 1/2 weeks since I've seen Jay and still another 10 days (or more depending on the weather while they are traveling) before I get to see him again, we're both handling it a lot better than we originally thought we were going to but it's still torture and I'm counting down the days when I can be held in my sweeties arms once again (FYI it's no fun having to fall asleep alone). Well that's it for now I need to stand up and walk around cause my ribs are KILLING ME!!!! I'll post more updates along with some picture updates sometime this week so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Glad it is going well thus far - 10 days will go by very quickly!Don and I have spent a lot of time apart and I now how it is - not fun - but you'll have all these memories and experiences now.
Sorry you're aching so much, I was blessed to only be unable to sleep that last week before Carter was born, and I never got any Braxton Hicks - at least they are preparing you! :)...................pictures! We need pictures!

Smith1230 said...

i sleep alone more than I do with Ben

Ronya said...

hang in there. I dont know how you do it. Justin had a couple business trips in Maryland (lasting about 24 to 48 hours)and it was so awful! You are so strong to be preggo and apart from your husband! good luck and I hope all goes well with your pregnancy!